Khan Ferdousour Rahman
Assistant Professor & Head
Khan Ferdousour Rahman is having more than a decade of experience in teaching and research at academia. He is a development graduate and did M.Phil in Cultural Anthropology from Jahangirnagar University. He attended professional development training under arrangement of British Council and Canterbury Christ Church University, UK. He was awarded a number of research projects under fellowship grants and published numerous articles on both international and national journals. He has also presented papers at international and national conferences. He is the Founder Editor of SUB Journal of Sustainable Environment and Development. He also edited a book titled “Contemporary Environmental Challenges of Bangladesh.” He was a member of core group for drafting recommendations of Urban Environmental Management component for the program titled “Dhaka for Future Generations: Our Actions” jointly initiated by Bangladesh Institute of Planners and Centre for Development Communication in 2014. He is the life member of the Asiatic Society of Bangladesh, Bangla Academy and Bangladesh Economic Association.
- 2015: “A Review of the Socioeconomic Impacts on Female-Headed Households for Temporary Labour Migration to Middle East from Bangladesh”, International Journal of Migration Research and Development, 1(1):120-128.
- 2014: “An inquiry into different perspectives of health and illness: is the reconciliation possible?”, Clinical Governance: An International Journal, 19(4): 332-341.
- 2014: “A Comparative Study of Student Support Services of Bangladesh Open University and Open University of Malaysia”, Indian Journal of Open Learning (IJOL), 23(1 & 2):3-16.
- 2014: “Making Open and Distance Learning Inclusive: People with Differently-abled in Bangladesh”, COMOSA Journal of Open Schooling, 5(1):30-44.
- 2014: “Gender-Sensitivity Analysis of the Text-Materials used in the Open Non-formal Education Programme run by the NGOs in Bangladesh” for International Women Online Journal of Distance Education (WOJDE), 3(2):26-35.
- 2013: “Learners’Preparedness for Digital Learning Materials as Supplement of Self-Learning Materials of Open School of Bangladesh Open University”, Universal Journal of Communications and Network, 1(3): 105-109.
- 2010: “Human Rights and Good Governance: A Critical Nexus Expanding Human Rights and Role of Civil Society”, American Academic and Scholarly Research Journal, 2(1).
- 2016: Bangladesh Paradox, Political Economy of US Bilateralism and TICFA: Critical Stance; Peace and Security Review; 7(14): 34-54.
- 2016: Plastic Waste Recycling Process and Operational Safety: A case study in Dhaka City; Journal of SUB (special issue on ‘environment’); 6(2)
- 2016: Re-reading ‘Kerala Model’ of Development: A Lesson for the Developing Nations; SUB Journal of Sustainable Environment and Development; 1: 126-137.
- 2015: “Protecting Human Health from Climate Change: Bangladesh Scenario”, SUB Journal of Public Health, 6(1): 9-14.
- 2015: “Climate Change: Evidence, Impact and Options for Bangladesh”, Southern University Journal of General Education, Volume III, pp. 45-59.
- 2014: “Consumer Culture and Life Style of ‘New’ Middle Class in Bangladesh”, SUB Journal, 5(2): 85-99.
- 2014: “Regional Integration of South Asia through Trade Facilitation”, ASA University Review, 8(2):19-38.
- 2014: “Village Tourism as Sustainable Development Alternative: Empirical Evidence from Mawlynnong, the Cleanest Village in Asia”, ASA University Review, 8(1):129-141.
- 2014: “The Subaltern and Post–Colonial Challenges”, SUB Journal, 5(1):117-128.
- 2014: “Factors Influencing the Acceptance of Open and Distance Learning: The Case of Bangladesh Open University”, NAEM Journal, 8(16):131-144.
- 2013: Emergence of Corporate Social Responsibility: Protecting Neo-liberalism? Nrvijnana Patrika, 18: 43-62.
- 2013: Adaptation to Climate Change for a Low Carbon City: Case of Dhaka City with particular emphasis on Suburban Areas, CUS Bulletin, 65: 5-9.
- 2013: Vulnerability to Climate Change and Adaptation Practices in Bangladesh, Journal of SUB, 4(2): 27-44.
- 2013: “Potential of Rainwater Harvesting in Dhaka City: An Empirical Study”, ASA University Review, 7(1): 143-150.
- 2013: “Climate Change Governance towards a Sustainable Development in Bangladesh”, BPDM Journal of Research, 1(1).
- 2013: “A Study on e-Learning for Bangladesh: Challenges and Opportunities”, BRA Journal for Classroom Teaching, 21-25, April.
- 2012: “Paulo Freire and ‘Critical Literacy’: Relevance for Bangladesh”, Bangladesh Education Journal, 11(2): 7-15.
- 2012: “Triangulation Research Method as the Tool of Social Science Research”, BUP Journal, 1(1): 154-163.
- 2012: “Implementation of Press Law for Protecting Human Rights in Bangladesh”, Society & Change, VI(1), January-March.
- 2011: “Inclusion of People with Disabilities in Open and Distance Learning of Bangladesh Open University”, Journal of Open School, Volume 4, Number 1 & 2, Bangladesh Open University.
- 2011: “Structuralism: Through Literature to Anthropology”, The Journal of Social Studies, Number 132, October-December.
- 2010: “Agriculture is the Most Affected Sector for Adverse Climate: Bangladesh Perspective” (in Bangla), Janavashsho-5 (Peoples Voice-5), Dhaka: Hridoye Mati O Manush, Channel i.
- 2009: “Developing a Rice Marketing System”, Dhaka Courier.
- 2009:“A Study on Determinants of Newspaper Selection by the Readers”, Human Face, Volume VII.
- 2007:“Management of Consumers Right Protection Movement: Bangladesh Perspective”, Journal of Development and Research (JDR), Volume I.
- 2015: “Role of Theory in Film Research”, Bangladesh Film Archive Journal, 8:27-34.
- 2014: “Role of Private Universities to Face the Challenges of Higher Education in Bangladesh”, Shikkhalap, 1(1).
- 2014: “Women-Construction in Film Industry of Dhaka”, Nari O Progoti, 20:50-55.
- 2011 (September): “Rabindra Drama: In Search of Freedom and Light”, Quarterly Theatre, 40th Year, Number 1, Dhaka.
- 2010: “Anthropological Analysis of Language”, Bangladesher Hridoy Hote, 3(1):128-137.
- 2016: Bideshir Nazrul Charcha (Practicing Nazrul by Foreigners), Dhaka: Nazrul Institute.
- 2016: Bangladesher Cholochitrer Banijjik Shorup Onusandhan (Exploring the Commercial Identities of Bangladeshi Cinema), Dhaka: Bangladesh Film Archive.
- 2015: Contemporary Environmental Challenges in Bangladesh (Edited in Bangla).
- 2008: Unbundling Human Rights, Academic Press and Publishers Library, Dhaka (ISBN 984 08 0230 5).
- 2008: Wide Angle (compilation of published columns), Jagriti Prokashani, Dhaka (ISBN 984 8416 335 7).
- 2016: “Human Rights Education for Peace and Conflict Resolution”, in Pandey K and Upadhyay (ed), Promoting Global Peace and Civil Engagement through Education, IGI Global.
- 2014: “A Study on E-Learning for Bangladesh: Challenges and Opportunities”, in Jena SS et al (ed), ICT in Education: Perspectives on Open Distance Learning, Delhi: Shipra Publications.
- 2014: “Risk and Resilience at Female Learners Transitions to ODL: A Study on Open School of Bangladesh Open University”, in Ghosh and Modak (ed), Open and Distance Learning: Future Perspectives, Kolkata: Netaji Subhas Open University.
Awards & Achievements
- Research Fellowship, Institute for Global Tobacco Control, Bloomberg School of Public Health, John Hopkins University in 2016.
- Research Fellowship, Bangladesh Film Archive in 2014-15.
- Research Fellowship, Ministry of Science and Technology in 2013-14.
- Research Fellowship, Bangladesh Institute of Social Research in 2013-14.
- Fred Hollows Foundation-Child Sight Foundation Journalist Fellowship 2012.
- Research Fellowship, Social Science Research Council in 2012-13.
- HEQEP/UGC-World Bank Research Fellowship in 2012-13.
- Outstanding Performance Award from FIAS (Foreign Investment Advisory Service) of IFC/World Bank in 2007.