Md. Ashik-Ur-Rahman completed his bachelor’s degree (BSc) in Environmental Science from Khulna University (2015, with distinction and top rank). Later he completed his master’s degree (MSc) in Natural Resources Management from Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand (2018) with fully funded HM Queens’ Scholarship of Thai Government. He joined at the State University of Bangladesh in 2019 and started teaching masters student of Environmental Science Department. Before joining SUB he worked on different project as research assistant. His areas of interests are water quality and water resources management, environmental analysis, tidal river management (TRM), food security and natural resources management. Training: 1. Training Course on ‘Climate Change Impacts on Waterand Agriculture’ Organized by Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok, Thailand, held during 13-15 August 2016. 2. Training on ‘Development of Awareness and Capacity for Ecotourism in the Sundarbans’ Organized by the Center for Integrated Studies on Sundarbans, Khulna University, Bangladesh, held during 14-15 March 2015. 3. Training workshop on ‘iPrepare Campaign to Build Safer Communities in Asia’ Organized by Asian Disaster Preparedness Center, Khulna, Bangladesh, held on 15th October, 2014. 4. Training course on ‘Diploma in Computer Science and ICT’ organized by Institute of ICT, a Project of Science and Information Technology Foundation, Bogra, Bangladesh, held during 02 May-01 November, 2010. 5. Participation in ‘Youth Leadership Summit’ Organized by Bangladesh Youth Leadership Center, Dhaka, Bangladesh, held during 11-13 June, 2014. 6. Participation in ‘International Youth Environment Meet 2013’ Organized by Bangladesh Youth Environment Initiative, Dhaka, Bangladesh, held on 25 April, 2013. 7. Training course on ‘SSC Students B1-1’ Organized by British Council, Dhaka, Bangladesh held during 24 April-18 July, 2007.
2. P. K. Ghosh and M. Ashik-Ur-Rahman (2017) Evaluation of monsoon drinking water quality of the Mongla riverof south-western coastal Bangladesh using water quality index. Bangladesh J. Environ. Sci., 32: 41-46 (ISSN 1561-9206)
3. P. K. Ghosh, K. Sultana, A. K. Bhattacharjee, F. Yasmin and M. Ashik-Ur-Rahman (2015) Quality of monsoon surface and groundwater in Phultala Upazila of the south-western coastal Bangladesh-a policy implication for water quality management. 5th International Conference on Water and Flood Management (ICWFM-2015), Institute of Water and Flood Management (IWFM), Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), 6-8March, 2015, Dhaka, Bangladesh, pp. 357-366 (ISBN: 978-984-33-8801-8)
4. M. Salequzzaman, M.M. Khalequzzaman and M. Ashik-Ur-Rahman (2015) Impact of Recent Oil Spills on the Sunderbans and its Possible Remedies. Engineering Day, 2015, Engineering Institute of Khulna, 7th May, Khulna, Bangladesh, pp. 1-11.5.M. Ashik-Ur-Rahman(2015)
5. Environment friendly brick kiln to protect uncontrolled air pollution: A study on the technology of brick kiln. In: World Environment Day 2015, Ministry of Environment and Forest, the People’s Republic of Bangladesh.(in Bangla)
Awards & Achievements
2. Khan Jahan Ali Hall Merit Scholarship, 2015: Scholarship to the students of Khan Jahan Ali Hall, Khulna University based on Academic performance and extra-curricular activities.
3. 2 Years Masters Scholarship, 2016-2017: HM Queens Scholarship by Thai Government.
4. Reviewer in Journal of Geography, Environment and Earth Science International.
5. Champion in Inter-Discipline and Inter-Hall Debate Competition, 2015, Khulna University
6. Best Debater in Inter-Hall Debate Competition, 2015, Khulna University.
7. Participated in Debate completion at Bangladesh Television (BTV), 2015.
8. Runners-up in FAO World Environment Day Debate, 2017, Bangkok, Thailand.