Anis Alam Siddiqui
M.Sc.(UK), P.G.D.(USA), P.G.D.(Aus)
Professor & Head
Prof. Anis Alam Siddiqui is head of the Department of Food Engineering & Technology. He has more than thirty years of teaching, research, administrative and industrial experience in Bangladesh Agricultural University, Planning Commission, Govt. of Bangladesh, Bangladesh Sugar and Food Industries Corporation and renowned food industries. He obtained his M.Sc. in Food Technology from the University of Reading, UK in 1974 with Commonwealth scholarship. He obtained his anther M.Sc. and B.Sc. in Agricultural-Engineering & Food Technology from Agricultural University, Pakistan, he secured First Class First and obtained Gold Medal. He also obtained his post graduate diploma on Cereal Technology from USA and Baking Technology from Australia with US-Aid and Commonwealth scholarship respectively. He worked as consultant in ILO, UNDP, US-Aid, US Wheat Associate and also worked as Advisor in different food processing industries. He has several research publications in international and national research journals. He is a Life Member & President, Bangladesh Society of Food Engineers & Technologists and also life member in the Krishibeed Institute of Bangladesh and Executive Member of Centre of Excellence Agro Food Skills Foundation (CEAFS). Member, Industrial skill council of Agro – Food processing Industries, Government of Bangladesh & ILO, Cereal and Pulse Committee of BSTI and expert member of Bangladesh Food Safety Authority, Ministry of Food, Government of Bangladesh. Professor Siddiqui’s research interest are cereal technology, food laws, food safety and minimization post harvest losses.
- A. A. Siddiqui and M. A. Alim; “Development and Sensory Evaluation of Industrial High Energy Fortified Biscuits before Implementation of Food Safety.” International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research 6(3): 1046 – 1056, 2015.ISSN 2229-5518.
- Shahriar Alam, A. A. Siddiqui, T. Bari and S. Ahmed; “Microbiological quality assessment of industrially produced and street vended ice-cream in Dhaka city.” Bangladesh Research Publications Journal 11(1): 87 – 92, 2015.ISSN:1998-2003.
- A. A. Siddiqui and L. Nasreen; “Effects of the Baking Temperature and Time on the Quality of Biscuits.”Journal of SUB 5(1): 01 – 12, 2014. ISSN: 1998-3778.
- A. A. Siddiqui and M. N. A. Chowdhury; “Shelf life study of yogurt product by using different concentration of Lactobacillus acidophilus.” Journal of SUB 4(2):45 – 56, 2013. ISSN: 1998-3778.
- A. A. Siddiqui and M. N. A. Chowdhury; “Physico-Chemical & Microbiological Quality Assessment of Different Popular Brands of Wheat Flour, Available in Bangladesh.” Journal of SUB 4(2):57 – 65, 2013. ISSN: 1998-3778.
- A. A. Siddiqui, Khaliduzzaman and M.A. Siddika; “The design of HACCP plan for small scale chicken cooked sausage plant in Bangladesh” Journal of SUB 4(1):46 – 57, 2013. ISSN: 1998-3778.
- A. A. Siddiqui, m. H. R. Bhuiyan and M. Easdani; “Ginger (Zingiber officinale) preserve and candy development.” Bangladesh Research Publications Journal 7(3): 283 – 290, 2012. ISSN:1998-2003.
- A. A. Siddiqui, M. Easdani, Khaliduzzaman and M. H. R. Bhuiyan; “Effect of Cryopreservative on quality and shelf life of frozen beef.” Bangladesh Research Publications Journal 7(2): 175 – 181, 2012. ISSN:1998-2003.
- A. A. Siddiqui and Khaliduzzaman; “Studies on the preparation of green mango chewing gum.” Bangladesh Research Publications Journal 7(1): 01 – 04, 2012. ISSN:1998-2003.
- A. A. Siddiqui and M. Easdani; “Development of Shelf Stable Strawberry Flavoured Milk.”Journal of SUB Journal of Public Health 5(2):32 – 37, 2012. ISSN 1998 – 6076.
- M. S. Rahman, A. A. Siddiqui and A. Matin; “Comparative Study on Chemically and Biologically Raised Crackers Biscuits.” Journal of Environmental Science & Natural Resources 7(1): 215 – 237, 2014. ISSN: 1999-7361.
- M. T. Hasan, A. Begum, A. A. Siddiqui and Khaliduzzaman; “Comparison on child caring and feeding practices between mothers working in a tobacco industry versus mothers of nearby community.” Bangladesh Research Publications Journal 6(4): 434 – 439, 2012. ISSN:1998-2003.
- A. K. M. S. Inam, M. M. Hossain, A. A. Siddiqui and M. Easdani; “Studies on the development of mixed fruit marmalade” Journal of Environmental Science & Natural Resources 5(2):315 – 322, 2012. ISSN: 1999-7361.
- Khaliduzzaman, A. A. Siddiqui, M. M. Islam, M. Easdani and M.H.R. Bhuiyan; “Effect of Honey on Freezing Point and acceptability of Ice Cream” Bangladesh Research Publications Journal 7(4): 355 – 360, 2012. ISSN:1998-2003.
- Cereal Technology & Engineering, Publisher: Angel Book Publishers Ltd.