Dr. Mst. Sorifa Akter has been working as an Assistant Professor of the Department of Food Engineering and Technology since August 2013. She accomplished her PhD in Food Science and Technology from Chonnam National University, South Korea in 2010. She obtained her B.Sc. in Agricultural Engineering in 2003 and MS in Food Technology in 2005 from Bangladesh Agricultural University (BAU), Mymensingh. She has already been published eighteen research papers among them fifteen are International. She is also serving as a reviewer of International Journal of Food Processing and Preservation. Her research interest is to extract and purification of bioactive compounds from plants and animal sources as well as fruits and vegetable by-products to use a different value added products those have a potential positive impact on human health.
- Sorifa Akter, Maruf Ahmed and Jong-Bang Eun (2011). Nutritional compositions and health promoting phytochemicals of camu-camu (myrciaria dubia) fruit: A review. Food Research International 44, 1728-1732.
- Maruf Ahmed, Mst. Sorifa Akter and Jong-Bang Eun (2011). Optimization conditions for anthocyanin and phenolic content extraction form purple sweet potato using response surface methodology. International Journal of Food Science and Nutrition 62, 91-96.
- Sorifa Akter,Maruf Ahmed and Jong-Bang Eun (2010). Solvent effects on antioxidant properties of persimmon (Diospyros kaki L. cv. Daebong) seeds. International Journal of Food Science and Technology 45, 2258–2264.
- Sorifa Akter, Maruf Ahmed and Jong-Bang Eun (2010). Effect of blanching and drying temperatures on the physicochemical characteristics, dietary fiber composition and antioxidant-related parameters of dried persimmons peel powder. International Journal of Food Science and Nutrition 61, 702–712.
- Sorifa Akter, Maruf Ahmed and Jong Bang Eun (2010). Dietary fiber components antioxidant activities and hydration properties of ripe persimmon (Diospyros kaki L. cv. Daebong) peel powders as affected by different washing treatments. International Journal of Food Science and Technology, 45, 1464-1471.
- Maruf Ahmed, Mst. Sorifa Akter and Jong-Bang Eun (2010). Encapsulation by spray drying of bioactive components, physicochemical and morphological properties from purple sweet potato. LWT-Food Science and Technology, 43, 1307-1312.
- Maruf Ahmed, Mst. Sorifa Akter and Jong-bang Eun (2010). Peeling, drying temperatures and sulfite-treatment affect physicochemical properties and nutritional quality of sweet potato flour. Food Chemistry, 121, 112-118.
- Maruf Ahmed, Mst. Sorifa Akter and Jong-bang Eun (2010). Effect of pretreatments and drying temperatures for manufacturing of sweet potato flour. International Journal of Food Science and technology, 45, 726-732.
- Maruf Ahmed, Mst. Sorifa Akter and Jong-bang Eun (2010). Impact of α-amylase and maltodextrin on physicochemical, functional properties and antioxidant activity of spray dried purple sweet potato flour. Journal of the Science Food and Agriculture, 90, 494-502.
- Mst. Sorifa Akter and Jong-Bang Eun (2009). Characterization of insoluble fibers prepared from the peel of ripe soft persimmon (Diospyros kaki L. cv. Daebong). Food Science and Biotechnology, 18, 1545-1547.
- Maruf Ahmed, Mst. Sorifa Akter, K.B. Chin and Jong-Bang Eun (2009). Effect of maltodextrin concentration and drying temperature on quality properties of purple sweet potato flour Food Science and Biotechnology, 18, 1487-1494.
- Khayrul Alam, Maruf Ahmed, Mst. Sorifa Akter, Nurul Islam and Jong-Eun (2009). Effect of Carboxymethylcellulose and Starch as Thickening Agents on the Quality of Tomato Ketchup. Pakistan Journal of Nutrition, 8, 1144-1149.
- Maruf Ahmed, M. Burhan Uddin, Mst. Sorifa Akter and Jong-Bang Eun (2008). Effect of processing Treatments on Quality of Cereal Based Soyabean Fortified Instant Weaning Food. Pakistan Journal of Nutrition, 7, 493-496.
- Sorifa Akter, Maruf Ahmed and M.N. Islam (2005) Dehydration kinetics of Silver carp and Pangas and development of different products. Bangladesh Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 32, 175-182.
- Abu Saeid, Jong Bang Eun, Md. Shafiul Azam Sagor, Atikur Rahman, Mst. Sorifa Akter, and Maruf Ahmed (2016). Effects of Extraction and Purification Methodson Degradation Kinetics and Stability of Lycopenefrom Watermelon under Storage Conditions. Journal of Food Science 81, 11, C2630-2638.
- Fateatun Noor, Md. Jiaur Rahman1, Md. Sultan Mahomud, Mst. Sorifa Akter, Aminul Islam Talukder, Maruf Ahmed (2014). Physicochemical properties of flour and extraction of starch from jackfruit seed. International Journal of Nutrition and Food Sciences, 3(4): 347-354.
- K. M. Azad, M. A. Ali, Mst. Sorifa Akter, Md. Jiaur Rahman, Maruf Ahmed (2014). Isolation and characterization of pectin extracted from lemon pomace during ripening. Journal of Food and Nutrition Sciences, 2(2): 30-35.
- Asaduzzaman, Md. Emdadul Haque, Jiaur Rahman, S. M. Kamrul Hasan, M. A. Ali and Mst. Sorifa Akter and Maruf Ahmed (2013). Comparisons of physiochemical, total phenol, flavanoid content and functional properties in six cultivars of aromatic rice in Bangladesh. African Journal of Food Science, 7 (8), 198-203.