- Programs of Study
- Participation in “Global Conference in Community Health”
- Training program on "Trauma Management"
- Seminar on "Geriatric Health"
- MBA Orientation Program Spring 2013
- Fresher’s Reception Program, Spring 2013"
- Food Fair "SUB Day Fall - 2012"
- Seminar on 'Food Adulteration and Impact on Health'
- Business Plan Competition
- Seminar on 'Business Communication and Strategy'
- SUB BBA Students have visited Beximco Industrial Park
- Seminar on "The Rainbow in a Heart"
- Seminar on 'Awareness on Breast Cancer'
- Department of Business Studies orgnized Seminar on "Budget 2012-2013"
- Seminar on Psychological Contract Breach
- MBA/EMBA Orientation Program for Summer 2012
State College of Health Sciences
Department of Environmental Science
The present decade is forecasted to be the decade of environment as the issues relating to environment are to be the main concerns for the survival of humanity. The study of the environment is as much- needed avenue these days, with increasing demand for environmentalists in government and developing agencies. Environmental Science is the discipline, which deal with detection and solution of environmental problems. They examine the human impact on environment and biosphere especially in the areas of chemical and nature sciences. These disciplines also train to manage the environment and the ecosystem. The Master's Program of Environmental Science aims at providing students with complementary opportunities for course work. Independent research project is obligatory for the MS degree. The courses will equip graduates with sound theoretical and quantitative research skill necessary for assessing environmental problems within a chosen specialist area and designing and implementing scientifically feasible solutions.
Courses are of two types, core and optional/specialized. There will be some biological, chemical, global issues, policy and management related courses. Each course will have some assignments and presentation with classroom teaching to make the students well skilled in relevant fields. Students are required to take courses in predetermined sequence offered throughout the year. A list of the courses is given below:
Group A: Core Courses (9 courses)
ES 501:Fundamentals of Environmental Science
Group B: Field of Specialization: Environmental Science (any 5 courses)*
ES 504:Atmospheric Pollution and Climate Change
Group C: Field of Specialization: Environmental Policy and Planning( any 5 courses)*
ES 599: Thesis
MS degree in Environmental Science
Semester I (3 core courses + 1 specialized course = 4 courses)
Semester II (3 core courses + 1 specialized course = 4 courses)
Semester III ( 3 core courses + 1 specialized course = 4 courses)
Semester IV ( 2 specialized course + thesis = 3 courses)
MS degree in Environmental Policy and Planning
|PROGRAM OF STUDY|