IntroductionSUB Library, since its inception in 2002 has been providing different sources of information and support for teaching, learning and research activities of faculty members, students and employees of the University. Over the years, the Library has grown gradually and expanded its services and has been using all its efforts to turn into a well-resourced modern library.
VISIONVision of SUB Library is to become a reputable leading research library in which information resources are created, protected, managed and used for teaching, learning. The Library is expected to rise to such a light that it can adequately support the mission of SUB through its collections and services, both on campus and online.
MissionWe provide a dynamic and efficient learning environment, develop and deliver high quality and innovative information services and resources to support the research, teaching and learning by cultivating a rich physical and virtual environment dedicated to the open exchange of ideas among the University community.
Library BranchMain Campus Library: 77, Satmasjid Road Dhanmondi, Dhaka 1205, Bangladesh Bijoy Campus Library: 138, Kalabagan, Mirpur Road, Dhaka 1205, Bangladesh
Library Time ScheduleSUB Libraries are committed to provide an environment that is conducive to study as well as welcoming to all users. To meet that goal SUB Library provides services seven days a week to users. Opening hours of SUB libraries are designed to match the need of users.
|Saturday – Thursday||8:00 AM- 8:00 PM|
|Friday||9:00 AM- 5:00 PM|
ResourcesSUB Library is enriched with various resources. At present it has around 13000 books of 7000 titles, 900 journals, 1200 theses, 200 Audio-visual materials and 300 magazines. It also subscribes more than 5000 online journals and 3500 E-books through UGC digital Library published by various internationally reputed publishers.
e-ResourcesSubscribed Online Journal: www.emeraldinsight.com (Emerald e-Journals) http://dl.acm.org/contents_dl.cfm ( ACM Digital Library) http://www.who.int/hinari/en/ (HINARI Journal) Subscribed e-Books: http://www.wileyindia.com/Wiley_Online_Resources/UGC%20Bangladesh/UGC%20Bangladesh.html Wiley Online Library (3500 e-Books)
Subscribed NewspapersSUB Library subscribes one international daily Newspaper and 10 National daily Newspapers. Newspapers are preserved for six months in Newspaper Section of SUB Library. Following newspapers are available.
- The New York Times
- The daily Star
- The daily Observer
- The Financial Express
- The daily Prothom-alo
- The daily Jugantor
- The daily Ittefaq
- The daily Samakal
- The daily kaler kantho
- The daily Bonik Barta
- The daily Bangladesh Pratidin
| Professor Dr. Md. Anwarul Kabir
| Professor Shamsul Wares
Dean (School of Science & Technology) , Department of Architecture
|Ms. Touhida Easmin Humaira
Acting Head, Department of English Studies
| Professor Dr. Nawzia Yasmin
Head, Department of Public Health
| Professor Md. Saiful Islam Pathan
Head, Department of Pharmacy
| Professor Anis Alam Siddiqui
Head, Department of Food Engineering & Technology
| Md. Shafiqul Islam
Associate Professor & Head Department of Environmental Science
| Muhammad Masud Tarek
Associate Professor & Head Department of Computer Science and Engineering
| Ms. Jinat Amin Shipa
Assistant Professor & Head Department of Law
| Md. Shamsul Islam
Associate Professor & Head Department of Journalism, Communication and Media Studies
General Rules for Library Users
- Students who have the valid ID cards are eligible to receive the Library materials.
- The students can borrow three books for 15 days at a time. But the students of Architecture Department are not eligible to borrow any book from the Library. They can take the book for photocopy service after submitting University ID card for an hour. They may use the resources within the Library.
- Students are allowed to borrow Bengali Novel / marked as ‘T’ books for 7 days only.
- If a student fails to return items in time, a fine of 5 per day will be charged for each book.
- Fine will be calculated from the due date mentioned on the book card of the material.
- While returning, books which have been torn / damaged or have page/s missing will not be accepted. In that case current price for each book will be charged.
- Students are not allowed to borrow books marked with ‘R’. They can take the book for photocopy service after submitting University ID card for an hour.
- Writing or marking on the books is strictly prohibited. Any sort of mutilation will cause replacement.
- In case of any lost item students have to purchase a new one for replacement or pay double the current price.
- Personal possessions except dairy/khata, geometry box, calculator, pen and pencil will not be allowed inside the Library.
- Students should keep issued books outside the Library.
- The library is a place for study. Therefore, Students should keep calm and quiet inside the Library.
- The users should turn off their own mobile phones before entering the Library.
- Library authority will take actions against anybody who violates Library rules/environment.
Md. Saiful Islam Shamim