M. Pharm. (DU)
Lecturer & Assistant Proctor
Mr. Safaet Alam is currently holding the position of Lecturer at the Department of Pharmacy, State University of Bangladesh. He has also work experience in Eskayef Pharmaceuticals Ltd. as a Product Executive where he showed his expertise in the areas of marketing and product management. He has completed his B. Pharm (Professional) and M. Pharm course from the Department of Pharmacy, University of Dhaka and Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of Dhaka, respectively. He was awarded the National Science and Technology (NST) Fellowship (2019) by the Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh for his Master’s thesis project. His core interest resides in drug discovery employing natural product chemistry. His most recent works have focused on the assessment of the safety and efficacy profiles of traditional medicines, and other plant products along with currently existing synthetic drugs which can be used against SARS-CoV-2 viral infection. Besides, he has also been working on in vivo and in vitro testings of several crude extracts and isolated bioactive secondary metabolites from plant sources along with computer-aided molecular docking techniques. He also has keen interest in cancer biology research, gene mutation and molecular biology. He is the author of over 13 research publications in several international peer-reviewed journals published by renowned publishers, including Elsevier, Springer Nature, Wiley, Frontiers and Biomed Central etc. Presently, alongside his own research works, he is also playing the role of a supervisor in both project and thesis work of the undergraduate and postgraduate curricula of State University of Bangladesh.
- Alam, S., Kamal, T.B., Sarker, M.M.R., Zhou, J.R., Rahman, S.M.A. and Mohamed, I.N., 2021 Therapeutic effectiveness and safety of repurposing drugs for the treatment of COVID-19: position standing in 2021. Frontiers in Pharmacology, doi: 10.3389/fphar.2021.659577
- Alam, S.,Sarker, M.M.R., Afrin, S., Richi, F.T., Zhao, C., Zhou, J.R. and Mohamed, I.N., 2021. Traditional herbal medicines, bioactive compounds, and plant products against COVID-19: Update on clinical trials and mechanisms of action. Frontiers in Pharmacology, doi: 10.3389/fphar.2021.671498
- Alam, S., Rashid, M.A., Sarker, M.M.R., Emon, N.U., Arman, M., Mohamed, I.N. and Haque, M.R., 2021. Antidiarrheal, antimicrobial and antioxidant potentials of methanol extract of Colocasia gigantea Hook. f. leaves: evidenced from in vivo and in vitro studies along with computer-aided approaches. BMC Complementary Medicine and Therapies, 21(1), pp.1-12, doi: 10.1186/s12906-021-03290-6
- Alam, S., Emon, N.U., Shahriar, S., Richi, F.T., Haque, M.R., Islam, M.N., Sakib, S.A. and Ganguly, A. 2020. Pharmacological and computer-aided studies provide new insights into Millettiapeguensis Ali (Fabaceae). Saudi Pharmaceutical Journal, 28(12), 1777-1790, doi: 10.1016/j.jsps.2020.11.004
- Alam, M.M., Emon, N.U., Alam, S., Rudra, S., Akhter, N., Mamun M.M.R. and Ganguly, A. 2021. 2 Assessment of pharmacological activities of Lygodiummicrophyllum Cav. leaves in the management of pain, inflammation, pyrexia, diarrhea, and helminths: in vivo, in vitro and in silico approaches. Biomedicine and Pharmacotherapy. doi: 10.1016/j.biopha.2021.111644
- Emon, N.U., Alam, S., Rudra, S.,Haidar, I.K.A., Farhad, M., Rana, M.E.H., Ganguly, A. 2021. Antipyretic activity of the leaves extract of CaesalpiniadigynaRottl along with phytoconstituent’s binding affinity to COX-1, COX-2 and mPGES-1 receptors: In vivo and in silico approaches. Saudi Journal of Biological Sciences, doi: 10.1016/j.sjbs.2021.05.050
- Emon, N.U., Alam, S., Rudra, S., Riya, S.R., Paul, A., Hossen, S.M., Kulsum, U. and Ganguly, A. 2021. Antidepressant, anxiolytic, antipyretic, and thrombolytic profiling of methanol extract of the aerial part of Piper nigrum: In vivo, in vitro, and in silico approaches. Food Science & Nutrition, doi: 10.1002/fsn3.2047
- Emon, N.U., Alam, S., Rudra, S., Chowdhury, S., Rajbangshi, J.C. and Ganguly, A. 2020. Evaluation of pharmacological potentials of the aerial part of Achyranthes aspera L.: in vivo, in vitro and in silico approaches. Advances in Traditional Medicine, 1-14, doi: 10.1007/s13596-020-00528-5
- Hasan, M., Alam, S. and Poddar, S.K. 2018. Antibody-Drug Conjugates: A Review on the Epitome of Targeted Anti-Cancer Therapy. Current Clinical Pharmacology, 13(4), 236-251, doi: 10.2174/1574884712666180802095521
- Alam, S.,Emon, N.U., Hasib, M.S., Rashid, M.A., Soma, M.A., Saha, T. and Haque, M.R. 2021. Computer-aided Approaches to Support the Ethnopharmacological Importance of DilleniapentagynaRoxb.: An In silico Study. Bangladesh Pharmaceutical Journal, 24(2), pp.125-132, doi: https://doi.org/10.3329/bpj.v24i2.54711
- Rudra, S., M., Sawon, S.U., Emon, N.U., Alam, S., Tareq, S.M., Islam, M.N., Uddin, M.M.R., Chowdhury, A.M.S., Hasbe, A.N., Shakil, M. and Sakib, S.A. 2020. Biological investigations of the methanol extract of Tetrastigmaleucostaphylum (Dennst.) Alston ex Mabb. (Vitaceae): In vivo and in vitro approach. Journal of Advanced Biotechnology and Experimental Therapeutics, 3(3), pp.216-224, doi: 10.5455/jabet.2020.d127
- Emon, N.U., Jahan, I., Alam, S., Hossain, M.M., Hasan, S.M.K., Alam, M.M., Sawon, M.S.U., Rudra, S., Islam, M.N. and Sayeed M.A. 2020. Comparative pharmacological investigations of n-Hexane fractions of Bauhinia Scandenslinn. stems and Senna Sophera L. Stems. International Journal of Advanced Research, 8(3), 1108-1113, doi: 10.21474/IJAR01/10731
- Emon, N.U., Kaiser, M., Islam, M., Kabir, M.F.I., Jamir, M., Uddin, M.A.J., Tanjil, S.M., Rasel, A.N.M.,Alam, S. and Islam, M.N. 2020. Anxiolytic and thrombolytic investigation of methanol extract of Piper nigrum L. fruits and Sesamum indicum L. seeds. Journal of Advanced Biotechnology and Experimental Therapeutics, 3(3), 158-164, doi: 10.5455/jabet.2020.d121
- Obonti, A.T., Alam, S., Kamal, T.B., Zaman, A., Hasnat, H., Saha, T. and Islam, M.A. 2021. Prospective Plants with Corroborated Antimalarial Actions: A Review. Bangladesh Pharmaceutical Journal, 24(2), pp.180-193, doi: https://doi.org/10.3329/bpj.v24i2.54716
- Kabir, F., Jaman, A.U., Rumpa, R.A., Jannat, T., Alam, S.,Saha, T., Islam, M.A. and Soma, M.A. 2021. In vitro and In vivo Investigations Provide New Insights into Bioactivities of Blumeaclarkei Hook. f. Leaves. Bangladesh Pharmaceutical Journal, 24(2), pp.149-158, doi: https://doi.org/10.3329/bpj.v24i2.54713
Awards & Achievements
- Awarded with NST Fellowship, 2019-20 from Ministry of Science and Technology, Bangladesh.
- Awarded with General Scholarship from Ministry of Education, Bangladesh.
- Awarded with DELF A1 certificate from Ministry of Education, France.