Dr. Mst. Sorifa Akter
Ph.D (South Korea)
Dr. Mst. Sorifa Akter has been working as an Assistant Professor of the Department of Food Engineering and Technology since August 2013. She accomplished her PhD in Food Science and Technology from Chonnam National University, South Korea in 2010. She obtained her B.Sc. in Agricultural Engineering in 2003 and MS in Food Technology in 2005 from Bangladesh Agricultural University (BAU), Mymensingh. She has already been published eighteen research papers among them fifteen are International. She is also serving as a reviewer of International Journal of Food Processing and Preservation. Her research interest is to extract and purification of bioactive compounds from plants and animal sources as well as fruits and vegetable by-products to use a different value added products those have a potential positive impact on human health.
1. Chakrabarty, N., Mourin, M.M., Islam, N., Haque, A.R., Akter, S., Siddique, A.A. and Sarker, M., 2020. Assessment of the Potential of Watermelon Rind Powder for the Value Addition of Noodles. Journal of Biosystems Engineering, pp.1-9.
2. Nargis Anjuman and Mst. Sorifa Akter (corresponding author).2019. A review on star fruits (Averrhoa Carambola L.): Nutritional compositions, health promoting phytochemicals and value added products. Journal of Agricultural Engineering the Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh,number 42/AE(2), page 63-72.
3. Sorifa, A.M., 2018. Nutritional compositions, health promoting phytochemicals and value added products of bitter gourd: a review. International Food Research Journal, 25(5).
4. Saeid, A., Eun, J.B., Sagor, M.S.A., Rahman, A., Akter, M.S. and Ahmed, M., 2016. Effects of extraction and purification methods on degradation kinetics and stability of lycopene from watermelon under storage conditions. Journal of food science, 81(11), pp.C2630-C2638.
5. Azad, A.K.M., Ali, M.A., Akter, M.S., Rahman, M.J. and Ahmed, M., 2014. Isolation and characterization of pectin extracted from lemon pomace during ripening. Journal of Food and Nutrition Sciences, 2(2), pp.30-35.
6. Noor, F., Rahman, M.J., Mahomud, M.S., Akter, M.S., Talukder, M.A.I. and Ahmed, M., 2014. Physicochemical properties of flour and extraction of starch from jackfruit seed. International Journal of Nutrition and Food Sciences, 3(4), pp.347-354.
7. Asaduzzaman, M., Haque, M.E., Rahman, J., Hasan, S.K., Ali, M.A., Akter, M.S. and Ahmed, M., 2013. Comparisons of physiochemical, total phenol, flavanoid content and functional properties in six cultivars of aromatic rice in Bangladesh. African Journal of Food Science, 7(8), pp.198-203.
8. Akter, M.S., Oh, S., Eun, J.B. and Ahmed, M., 2011. Nutritional compositions and health promoting phytochemicals of camu-camu (Myrciaria dubia) fruit: A review. Food Research International, 44(7), pp.1728-1732.
9. Ahmed, M., Akter, M.S. and Eun, J.B., 2011. Optimisation of drying conditions for the extraction of β‐carotene, phenolic and ascorbic acid content from yellow‐fleshed sweet potato using response surface methodology. International journal of food science & technology, 46(7), pp.1356-1362.
10. Ahmed, M., Akter, M.S. and Eun, J.B., 2011. Optimization conditions for anthocyanin and phenolic content extraction form purple sweet potato using response surface methodology. International Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition, 62(1), pp.91-96.
11. Akter, M.S., Ahmed, M. and Eun, J.B., 2010. Solvent effects on antioxidant properties of persimmon (Diospyros kaki L. cv. Daebong) seeds. International journal of food science & technology, 45(11), pp.2258-2264.
12. Akter, M.S., Ahmed, M. and Eun, J.B., 2010. Effect of blanching and drying temperatures on the physicochemical characteristics, dietary fiber composition and antioxidant-related parameters of dried persimmons peel powder. International journal of food sciences and nutrition, 61(7), pp.702-712.
13. Ahmed, M., Akter, M.S., Lee, J.C. and Eun, J.B., 2010. Encapsulation by spray drying of bioactive components, physicochemical and morphological properties from purple sweet potato. LWT-Food Science and Technology, 43(9), pp.1307-1312.
14. Akter, M.S., Ahmed, M. and Eun, J.B., 2010. Dietary fibre components, antioxidant activities and hydration properties of ripe persimmon (Diospyros kaki L. cv. Daebong) peel powders as affected by different washing treatments. International journal of food science & technology, 45(7), pp.1464-1471.
15. Ahmed, M., Akter, M.S. and Eun, J.B., 2010. Peeling, drying temperature and sulfite treatment affect physicochemical properties and nutritional quality of sweet potato flour. Food Chemistry, 121 (1), 112-118.
16. Ahmed, M., Akter, M.S. and Eun, J.B., 2010. Effect of pre-treatments and drying temperatures for manufacturing of sweet potato flour. International Journal of Food Science and Technology, 45 (4), 726-732.
17. Alam, K., Ahmed, M., Akter, S., Islam, N. and Eun, J.B., 2009. Effect of carboxymethylcellulose and starch as thickening agents on the quality of tomato ketchup. Pakistan Journal of Nutrition, 8(8), pp.1144-1149.
18. Ahmed, M., Akter, M.S. and Eun, J.B., 2010. Impact of α‐amylase and maltodextrin on physicochemical, functional and antioxidant capacity of spray‐dried purple sweet potato flour. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture, 90(3), pp.494-502.
19. Ahmed, M., Akter, M.S., Chin, K.B. and Eun, J.B., 2009. Effect of maltodextrin concentration and drying temperature on quality properties of purple sweet potato flour. Food Science and Biotechnology, 18(6), pp.1487-1494.
20. Ahmed, M., Uddin, M.B., Akter, S. and Eun, J.B., 2008. Effect of Processing Treatments on Quality of Cereal Based Soyabean Fortified Instant Weaning Food. Pakistan Journal of Nutrition.
21. Mst. Sorifa Akter, Maruf Ahmed and M.N. Islam, 2005. Dehydration kinetics of silver carp and pangas and development of different products. Bangladesh Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 32, 2, 175-182.